FBP20121 Certificate II in Food Processing is an entry level qualification designed for application in supervised environments where the work is predictable with some basic problem solving requirements. All work must be carried out to comply with workplace procedures, in accordance with State/Territory food safety, work health and safety and environmental codes, regulations and legislation that apply to the workplace..
- Available as a traineeship – Yes
- Total number of units required – thirteen (13) units
- Course duration – 12 to 18 months
- Non traineeship funding available – YES – Participation/Equity
- Price range – $1200 to $3400 (Student tuition fees are indicative only and are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolement. Additional fees may apply such as student services and resource fees)
Certificate II in Food Processing is suitable for multi-skilled roles within the food processing and manufacturing industry.
This qualification describes the skills and knowledge for food processing workers employed in the following sectors:
- grain processing (including stock feed, animal feeds, milling wheat, barley, oats and flour milling)
- baking (including large scale production of cakes, pastry, bread, biscuits and plant baking)
- retail baking
- beverages (including juices, soft drinks, cordials, aerated and still waters, energy drinks and other modified beverages, such as vitamin and antioxidant beverages, coffee, tea and ice)
- dairy processing
- fruit and vegetables
- grocery products and supplies (including honey, jams, spreads, sauces, dressings, condiments, spices, edible oils and fats and pasta)
This qualification can be undertaken within a production or production support role, for example packaging, machine operations and bottling, to gain an understanding of the underpinning skills and knowledge behind the industry. This is an entry level course for those wishing to obtain their first vocational qualification.
To achieve this qualification a total of thirteen (13) units of competency must be completed, including four (4) core units and Nine (9) elective units. The program is self paced with training being in a workplace delivery environment or other flexible learning environment. The program has rolling enrolments which means you can start any time and do not need to wait for semesters. For non-traineeship or equity funded enrolments enrolment the course is fee for service and the price is dependent on unit selection.
For further information or inquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (08) 9472 6111.