This is an introductory 5 day course for elected Health & Safety Representatives (HSR) to effectively represent their fellow employees in WHS matters.
This course is for newly elected HSR members or supervisors, managers and WHS committee members to understand the role of the HSR. This five day course will cover:
- The legislation you need to know in the role of a HSR
- How to identify and locate information on WHS from a variety of sources
- How to communicate WHS information to employees and represent them on WHS matters
- How to identify and evaluate workplace hazards and recommend control methods
- How to conduct an effective WHS inspection
- How to conduct an effective investigation of a workplace illness, injury or accident
National Recognition and Accreditation
This course can contribute to the achievement of five units within the BSB30715 Certificate III in Work Health and Safety qualification. Assessment of the following units will be required:
- BSBWHS302 Apply knowledge of WHS legislation in the workplace
- BSBWHS303 Participate in WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- BSBWHS304 Participate effectively in WHS communication and consultative processes
- BSBWHS305 Contribute to WHS issue resolution
- BSBWHS306 Assist with responding to incidents
Conduct a customised WHS workshop in your workplace or come to the College, we have flexible delivery arrangements to suit your needs.
Note: this is a National Accredited program as is not a WA Worksafe Accredited Program.
For further information or inquiries email email@example.com or call (08) 9472 6111.