AMP40516 Certificate IV in Meat Processing (Meat Safety) is the entry level qualification for meat inspectors working in export establishments.
- Available as a traineeship – YES
- Total number of units required – twenty-one or twenty four (21 or 24) units (dependent on unit selection)
- Course duration – 24 months
- Non traineeship funding available – NO
- Price range – $2700 to $6150 (Student tuition fees are indicative only and are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolement. Additional fees may apply such as student services and resource fees)
Certificate IV in Meat Processing (Meat Safety) is a qualification undertaken by meat inspectors in meat processing establishments, usually at export processing plants. Entry into this qualification can be by direct entry without meat industry experience or after completion of a Certificate III in Meat Processing (Meat Safety) qualification. This qualification differs from the Certificate III in Meat Processing (Meat Safety) in that it addresses the skills and knowledge necessary to oversee the implementation of approved Arrangements and workplace health and safety programs. People seeking registration as a meat inspector should check the current requirements with their appropriate state of territory food authority of the Australian Government, this will impact on the selection of electives.
To achieve this qualification a total of twenty-eight (28) units of competency must be completed, including fourteen (14) core units and seven or ten (7 or 10) elective units. The program is self paced with training being in a workplace delivery environment or other flexible learning environment. The program has rolling enrolments which means you can start any time and do not need to wait for semesters. For non-traineeship enrolment the course is fee for service and the price is dependent on unit selection.
For further information or inquiries email email@example.com or call (08) 9472 6111.
Course Outline – AMP40516 Certificate IV In Meat Processing Meat Safety