The Lower fees, local skills initiative was introduced on 1 January 2020 to reduce course fees to ‘half price’ for targeted VET qualifications. As part of the state government Lower fees, local skills program, through to 31 December 2025 you’ll only pay half the tuition fees (plus resource fee) capped at $400 if you’re aged 15—24 or eligible for a concession.
Please note: Only course fees for the Lower fees, local skills qualifications are half price. Some eligibility criteria and other fees may apply for ‘half price’ qualifications.
Targeted VET qualifications include:
- BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business
- BSB40420 Certificate IV in Human Resource Management
- BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- CPP30321 Certificate III in Cleaning Operations
- FBP30521 Certificate III in Baking
- MSM30116 Certificate III in Process Manufacturing
- SIR30216 Certificate III in Retail
- SIR40316 Certificate IV in Retail Management
- SIT30622 Certificate III in Hospitality
Selected full qualifications will be 100% course fee-free from 1 January 2023, subsidised by the WA State Government. The eligibility criteria for this free training is expanded so that more people living in Western Australia can access the free courses.
The free training focuses on priority industry areas to help build WA’s skilled workforce, support our employers and businesses and create employment and career opportunities for all Western Australians.
Please note: Only selected qualifications are fee free in 2023. Some eligibility criteria and other fees may apply for the free qualifications.
Fee free qualifications include: